1. EUPHE requests the European Union and all member states to consider the plurality of public and private higher education as a high value of a free and democratic society.
2. EUPHE demands from the European Union and the governments of the member states to respect and protect the diversity, the difference, and the independence of private higher education institutions in their legislation and administration with respect to the freedom of research and teaching.
3. EUPHE demands from the European Union and the member states the safeguarding of fair competition between public and private higher education institutions with respect to legislation, administration, and public funding of higher education.
4. EUPHE requests the European Union to ensure the free movement and establishment of European-based institutions of private higher education in all member states according to the Services Directive 2006/123/EG.
5. EUPHE requests the European Union to ensure that private higher education institutions in all member states may participate unrestrictedly in all its programs for the promotion of higher education for e.g. Erasmus.